03 July 2020

I’m still thinking of purpose (vw)

 … and I loved your inspiring story, Carol, of the “elderly letter writer.” Sweet! … draws me back to The Book of Joy by Desmond Tutu and Tenzin Gyatso (Dalai Lama) with Douglas Abrams which I listed on our favorite readings profile. I think of my own precious aunt, Abba, who sent beautiful cards and loving notes to distanced family and friends. She was probably one of the most joyful and generous persons I have ever known.

 I love the synergy that always seems to arise from action

 This morning a pop-up occurred when I blasted off into the internet. I want to pass it along because it reiterates the advice you shared in one of our conversations about “taking the first steps.” Steve Jobs confirms it beautifully. Aren’t you the wise woman? You’re in good company!

 https://getpocket.com/explore/item/steve-jobs-said-1-thing-separates-successful-people-from-everyone-else-and-will-make-all-the?utm_source=pocket-newtab

 This concept is so motivating -  that I don’t need to define my goal to begin my journey! I have a little note card posted on my fridge that gives me a nudge and a chuckle every time I see it:

“You can’t make footprints in the sands of time if you’re sitting on your butt. And who wants to make buttprints in the sands of time?” Thank you, Bob Moawad!

No comments:

Post a Comment