02 January 2021

Building Community, Again! vw

              Field season here has long been over and yet I have remained absent from our blog. Many rationalizations, some due to personal timidity, most to prioritizing “time”, and neither, excusable. It’s not fair to Carol and so I have promised her that I would take up posting on our blog again. After-all, I did realize, when struggling to compose my annual Christmas letter this year, that building the blog with her was probably the most outstanding of my year’s adventures.

                                                     

            My birthday, recognizing 78 years, came and went. It was a sweet and quiet day, begun with 3 telephone renditions of the Birthday song and punctuated with cards and 2 wonderfully sweet gifts. As a friend once told me, “Expectations are often the cause of much disappointment.” Basically, it was a good beginning to an old woman’s new year, exemplifying the truth of my friend’s advice. I have no immediate family left to burden with my expectations and I am learning the difficult process of removing that burden from my distant family and dear friends as well.

             So here is to throwing myself out into the “ether” for it is part of the Net or "Web" that I have come to believe in so strongly. 

… and may we all have in store a -                                                                 

                                                        HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment